THE OBLIGATORY THANKSGIVING ONE
Honestly, what choice do I have but to say something about Thanksgiving for this newsletter? It's a holiday that we are all craving and needing during this heart-wrenching season. Fortunately, we have so much to be thankful for here at Checkpoint. So... why not have a silly late-night-esque top 10 list?
Top Ten Things We're Thankful For At Checkpoint Church
10. Video games (duh)
9. Internet (when it works)
8. Black Friday Game Sales (even Nintendo participates, hallelujah!)
7. Actually being able to add items to your cart (looking at you Walmart)
6. #GamerFuel (coffee, ramen, or Monster - pick your poison)
5. The first two weeks of quarantine (they were like a fun vacation, right?)
4. Cyberpunk 2077 (maybe? we prolly just jinxed it)
3. Tabletop Generator (legit, how would we have done 2020 without it?)
2. Discord (the great connector!)
1. YOU! (yes, you. you beautiful person, you.)
Jokes and japes aside, we really are so incredibly thankful for this year as we get things started here. We've learned a whole lot in our first four months and I don't see that slowing down any time soon.
You might find that it's hard to come up with a list of things that you're thankful for this year, and that's okay to admit to yourself. I hope that this week might challenge you to sit down and consider where the light has shone through this year - God is good even in the darkest of times.
God loves you. I love you. You matter. Be boldly blessed.